CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sekolah Menengah Berakas

I went to school yesterday to do the entering form 6 thingy. Then, one of the teacher said I have to meet two of my ex-teachers and get them to sign about me being able to sit for the B.C.G.C.E A'Level exam. It was in the afternoon meaning there's no teacher of mine from last year. Form 1 and 2, yeah. Gahhh!!!

So, we went to school again this morning. I messaged Teacher Sharmilla the night before and she informed to me that she'll be in the staffroom by 9:30PM. So, met her, got her signed it. THEN, she told me that I'll have to take the leaving certificate. Bla-Bla-Bla. I went to Teacher Kimmie's table but she wasn't there, so, I asked the teacher who was looking at the computer screen. She told me that teacher Kimmie is sick and she'll be back at school by tomorrow or Saturday. Pfft. I definitely do not want to go there again tomorrow. If I do, it'll be the third time I'm going to school for the same reason! That's just wasting my time bahh... It's not even a sure thing if teacher Kimmie will be there tomorrow. So, I asked for teacher Roslinawati instead. She told me teacher Roslinawati is transferred to another school. WHATTT?!! NOOOO! ='( I love si dia very, very much to the max. As a teacher. Duh. Quite sad for the fact I can't meet with two of my top favourite teachers. Ho-Hum.

Anyways, while I was thinking of what teacher who should post my form, she asked;

"Form 5 apa kau last year?"

"Form 5A."

"Ohh,mengambil Economics ni. Tuu, cikgu Rukiah nah."

Just my luck. She just walked in the staffroom and walked towards her table. "Eh, Dk, bhapa kau disini" She said as I walked towards her. So, I got her to do the thingy. Bla-Bla-Bla. She congratulated. Asked whoever scored an O in their Computer Studies. Bla-Bla-Bla. She checked what subject I'm taking. She smiled broadly when she saw the writing "ECONOMICS" Yes, I'm taking Economics. Tadaaaa~ Oh, btw, Teacher Rukiah is the education officer? Did she just got promoted or was she in that position since forever? (?_?)

So, went back to the kerani room. I had to wait for her to do her thingy. Met Malul and we chatted a bit. You can do better the next time, dude! ;) Then, my name was called. When the kerani wasn't asking me wether I got the leaving certificate or not, I asked her. Thank Goodness Teacher Sharmilla told me about this, if not, it meant that I never left school and thank goodness I chose her put a testimonial in my form. I mean, if I didn't chose her, it meant that I didn't meet her which leads me in not knowing about the leaving certificate. Pheww!

Haissh. The leaving certificate has to involve my last form teacher. So, I had to go back to her. Haiyaaiyai. Luckily, my mom was around. So, I didn't have to walk to the Science staffroom which is very FAR away from the staffroom I'm at. Just drive back here and there and here. Pfft. Teacher Sharmilla wrote "Good" in my attendence record. Why ohh why? I mean, my attendence was 100%. Doesn't that deserve an "Excellent" instead? Hahaha. Let it go, Zira ;)

So, I finished doing the leaving certificate. Before that, I met the librarian. We're quite close. She knows both of my sisters as they both often borrowed the library school books. I often borrowed too but I rarely since the library has no more new interesting books to borrow which was around 2006. Pfft, update bh library ehh. Lets just say, I read all of the R.L.Stines books and other stories. Hahaha, can you believe that I recorded down the books that I've read and borrowed from the library? The total isn't really that much. Just for about... 55+. Anyways, she asked about my sisters. Like, how they're doing. Where are they now. Bla-Bla-Bla. She told me that her child is now tuition-ing at REEDs[good choice! ;)] and that she's quite worried since the teachers are all UBD. She knows that government teachers couldn't work at tuiton schools anymore but UBD teachers are well-educated, right? right? Then, Bla-Bla-Bla. Anyways, she gave back the passport size picture of mine back when I was in form 1(2004) Mom said I looked sooo adorable. She even wants me to enlarged it (^-^")

Afterwards, we went to PTEB. Lucky for us, there isn't a lot of people as Syukri and his mom experienced. F.Y.I, Syukri is my childhood friend and our mothers are BFF's. Really. Hahaha. Anyways, we met two of these teachers first. They checked my entry form, I.C and slip. Mom said the teacher told my mom "good" and gave a two-thumbs up but I was too ignorant to realise. Cancel that. Make that "busy" as at that time, I was told to write my I.C number and FULL name on EACH EIGHT passport size pictures of mine. Aiyaai, and my name is quite long. Hahaha, one of the teacher even suggested for me to write acronyms instead but it's kinda too late. Fortunately, mom brought a pen along and wrote on three of my pictures. Whoaa, think, people, what if the persons name is like, waaaay too long... Gagagaga...

Then, we went to another table. The teacher asked what's my proposed career. Well, I left my proposed career blank. Eheheh. Really, I was blank! I don't know what I want to be. Discussions-Discussions and Bla-Bla-Bla. Luckily, these three subjects that I chose lead me to one career path. Oh, and I love that career path as it is involved in HUMANITIES and the WORLD. I didn't tell her that though. So, she told us to go to the career table. We had to wait. I discussed with my mom. You see, when I was a KID, the hospital was kinda like a second home to me(Haha! Well, it's true, even the my doctors said so!) I then developed this feeling on wanting to be a doctor. Mom was really happy to hear that as it's an excellent career. All this time, I thought she still wants me to be a doctor. Today, I discovered that she doesn't. Aiyaiyai. Her reason of not wanting me to be a doctor was the same as mine. Eisseh, great minds think alike. Hahaha =p The reasons are;


1- There will be a limited FAMILY time. Family is a big priority. I don't want to be a wife/mother who is always working and I'm planning to get married when I'm 23/24/25 years old and have childrens at the age of 26/27/28(Hahaha, planning dah tu!)

2- I once had a school trip to the hospital faculties. SMB/BES form 4 students, where 15 students from each classes are chosen for a trip. 5 to the hospital, 5 to the farming thingy and 5 to the geographical thingy. I don't know about your class but in our class, the top students in C.Science was chosen or was it class? Gahh, I no-no remember. Anyways, one of the doctor said, even if its 3AM, when somebody in the office calls you to go to the hospital, you have to go, no excuses. Gaah, I need my beauty sleep. Hahaha.

3- It is also said that you kinda have to marry a doctor too. Even one of the doctor there said so. Gahh, what if I fall in-love with the janitor instead??! Or the patient or different people. Love is unexpected, you know.

4- I want a career that involves a lot of travelling. Hey, I can bring along my family. Dad brought mom to lots of countries already. Aaaaa, soo fun, lucky you, ma. She loves Paris. I wasn't born yet. Pfft. My cousin, Ayuni, studied at Japan when she was a kid. Huu, niiiice! Maybe I should marry a foreign investor in the future, eh? Hahaha, kidding. Anyways, doctors doesn't usually travel a lot. Maybe some doctors but not all.

5- It was said being a studying to be doctor is now a common thing. Hey, students who wants to be a doctor, don't be discouraged. If you wanna be a doctor, go ahead. This is quite one of the reasons for me not wanting to be a doctor but it's my life. Not yours. So, don't let this post be the reason for you not wanting to be a doctor =) Anyways, we need more Bruneian doctors.

Then, the teacher came back to us and asked for the entry form. Don't know why. She was checking something. Mom then told her that I agreed to take that career path. Guess what? Mom actually wants me to take this career path since I-Dont-Know-When but she never told me since she doesn't want me to take the career path because of her. She doesn't want me to take this career path and not enjoying it but I gotta feeling that I'll enjoy it. I'm soo glad that I'm interested in these subjects which will lead me to a career path which involved humanities and which my parents approved very, very much. Alhamdulillah.

Anyways, since I agreed, she told me to go to this other table instead. Didn't have to wait. WeeHee. The teacher who sat there said this, that, Bla-Bla-Bla. Talked about the uniform. She also said that I MUST LOVE TO READ because the subjects I'm taking involved a lot of reading. Hey, I ain't having a single problemo with that since I DO LOVE TO READ. She also said that the two years ahead of me will not be easy and that I HAVE to study hard(Uh-Oh!) Study hard... Study hard... Yes, I have to study hard. I need to study hard in order to get great grades. This isn't gonna be the same as High School. This is college, Zira! No fooling around! You need to work hard! Gahhh... I can do this, I can study hard. I can. I can. I mean, it's just revising back at home, right?

In the end of the afternoon, we went back to SMB/BES. Curious? Hahaha. Well, before that, I met Emma and her dad, she was holding the leaving certificate. She asked me what I was doing and I told her... JengJengJeng... The answer for your curiosity is... I'm taking the June O'level exam. I'm re-taking my Maths. Grr. I need to concentrate for this one. If I ever lose my glasses again, I'll have contact lenses to help! Well, I haven't actually bought any of those. Mom wanted to buy me glasses. Saying it's less risky than contact lenses but I'll still buy the contact lenses, just in case. You'll never know what'll happen between me and glasses. It's either I've lost it or damaged it. Teawww. I'm also re-taking my B.Melayu, yes, I know I scored an O for it but as Emma said, I'm "upgrading" my grade. Thank God I don't have to take the oral again. Last year oral teacher was a nigtmare. Oh, I mean, daymare!

So, guess thats all. Yeah, pretty long. Oh, what? You wanna know what I'll be taking? Well,it's gonna be;
  1. English Literature.
  2. Psychology.
  3. Economic.
  4. General paper.

Tadaa~ I wanted to take Sociology as I'm interested in it since forever. Then, I'm more in-love with Psychology. I never knew Psychology existed, actually. Sir Wan told me that Sociology and Psychology are quite the same. The difference is Sociology is more into Society meanwhile Psychology is more into an individual. I'm lovin' it! Wish me luck! I'll need to study hard! Err, when does school starts anyways??

XOXO

Zira Lee


0 comments: