CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 6, 2009

PTEB

First day

We went to the hall. I didn't see Nira nor anyone I know anywhere. A senior prefect pointed an empty seat for me. I sat at the end of my row and it was freezing since it was near to the air-conditioner. I had a little conversation with the girl sitting next to me. She was from Putri Masna, so, it was quite weird for her to be in a school with a mixture of boys and girls. Too bad none of our classes are similar.

On break time, I met Dira. Then, we met Nira. Bladibla~ I'm in group B20, along with Haqimy. Building A had four floors namely ground floor, first floor, second floor and third floor. My registration class is on the third floor. I can't seem to escape from the uppest floor, can't I? Back in my high school years, all my classes are on the uppest floor except for form 3. Anyways, my registration tutor is Mr. Johannas Hicky, or Mr.Hans. He has a tattoo on his right wrist, Whoa, that totally rocks! Ahaha.

I guess that's all. We just listened to a lot of talks in the hall. Oh, on the afternoon, Dira and I stayed to buy the school items. The queue line was sososososo long! I had to buy the kain, haissh. Why can't they just take out that kain kn? Now, I have three skirts and one kain. Well, maybe that kain can be useful one day.

Second day


Heck, I forgot to bring my wallet and the school funds plus my moneys were in there. Luckily, dad gave me some money earlier that day =D. So, I didn't starve. In all lessons, we had introductions and what to buy. That's normal. Oh, did I mention that we had to wear our sports attire? It was B.I.G. Size 'M' was out and size 'S' does not exist. Haiish.
Anyways, my first class was English Literature. Nira and I are classmates =) We have two teachers. We met Mrs. Caroll Hassall, or was it Hasall? Whatever. Just as long as my pronounciation is correct. I then had my personal studies. Better known as PS. Mine is similar to Nira, Syukri and Qanzul. We chatted instead of studying. I mean, we didn't study anything, so, what is it to revise? I find it fun and easy to search for my classes. I don't find it complicated as some people do. My next classes were Psychology and General Paper. Both of those classes have Ziemah. So, we sat together. That anak is so crack. Ahaha, hey, that's a compliment! ;) But I'm even more cracky than her. There was no Economics as we all had to go to the hall. There's an induction program made by the senior PRS and prefects. We had a school tour and was shown the toilet as a lot of juniors asked where it was located. I was like "Haaah??" I mean, it wasn't hard to find the toilet. I realised there are toilets on every floor of building A. Both girls and boys toilet. Anyways, it was kinda fun but I just couldn't wait to go home and plop on my bed. Oh, I was one of the people who won the signature hunt =) Yeay... Ahahaha.

Third day

I'm fee-free!! Hahaha. Economics was my first subject. Zita and I sat next to each other. I was warned about the introduction session as he asked a lot of questions but surprisingly, we didn't have any introductions but he did gave the textbooks. Heck, we have a total of 6 textbooks and four of them are damn thick! Huhuhu, we had to bring it everywhere from 8:45AM til 4PM. Walking up and down and here and there. The paaainnn. Luckily, Psychology only has one textbook. Phew! I don't think ELite and GP has any textbooks, hopefully.

After all the lessons ended, we had a parallel briefing from the career guidance committee. One of the teacher talked about on how to get a scholarship. I want a scholarship since forever. I crave for a scholarship. I gotta start studying hard. Real hard in order to get one. *&^%$#@! Oh, btw, we had Economics homework! A research on Adam Smith. Everybody in London should know him since his face appeared on the new 20 pound notes series since 2007 and on the 50 pound notes since 1981. He isn't a president though. Just a well known Economist who is cited as the father of Economics. I think I know everything about him. I remembered asking Sister Feena, "Do you know who is Adam Smith? The only thing I know about him is that he's dead. Very dead." He was born on 1723 but it isn't a sure thing since nobody knows his real birth date. The people who baptised him reported he was born on 16th June 1723. Enough about him now.

I joined Amir and dad shopping for a sport shoes. Yeayyy, shopping =D I bought some stuffs for my files and studies. Firstly, we picked Amir from school. I was kinda sad. I saw some boys and girls on the field talking and thought to myself, "I was one of the girls who used to sit and talked there. I was one of them who waited for my parents to pick me up. I was one of them who had those uniforms on." I'm kinda school-sick. I miss SMB. I think every students who spent for 4 to 5/6 years there would definitely feel that way. I spent a lot of my time there. After school, if there's no extra classes, I'd probably just stay back to either doing activities, practicing, meetings or just hanging with them friends. Sigh.

Fourth day

On GP lesson, we had to act like a newsreader in front of the class. I though the tutor was the one who will pick an article for us. Thank goodness, in my registration class, the girl who sat next to me (one my GP classmate) told me that we are the ones who has to pick it and summarise it. Whattt?? Luckily, I managed to find an article and summarise it before the class started. I chose a small article since there was only a 60 seconds limit. I enjoyed it even though I was kinda nervous earlier and made a little mistake. You see, I was supposed to say,

"Hello(Or any other greetings), (my name), your newsreader for today."

I forgot to tell my name. Adakah patut. Hahaha. So, I was like,

"Hello, I'm your news reader for today, erm... Dk Nurul Hazirah." but I managed to calm myself and gained confidence. Mr. Rockwell said "Good. Well done." Phew! Actually, I love doing presentations since forever. Well, this isn't actually a presentation. Ehh, blahh. Anyways, it's fun!

On Economics lesson, guess what? Introduction time! It's like, a lot of people couldn't answer all his questions. Some can. I was the last fourth to introduce myself. Told my name, previous school, what I got for Economics and the fourth question was "Why did you take Economics" So, I answered,

"I took Economics because I've learned it for 2 years and I wanna learn it even more deeper."

"Why do you want to learn it even more deeper?"

"Because I'm interested in it."

"Why are you interested in it?"

"Because it evolves around the world."

"How do you know it includes the world? Give me an example."

"Well, last year, there was an inflation in Zimbabwe."

"How do you know?"

"It was in the newspaper. It made a 'big headline'"

"So? What's so important about Zimbabwe? It's in... Africa. So far."

"It can affect other countries too."

"Do we have an inflation in Brunei?"

"No. Ehh, wait! Yes! But only a small inflation."

"How do you know?"

"Well, if you realise, in the shops, some prices are increasing."

"So? What's wrong if the prices increases?"

"Some people don't wanna buy it laa."

"Why not? Some people wants to buy a Mercedes. (You see, one of the student said that she wants to learn Eco so she could be a banker and when asked "why banker?" cause she loves money. Asked "Why do you love money?" Cause she could buy anything she wants. Asked " What she wanted to buy?" a Mercedes and the questions goes on and on.)"

"Those are the people with money!!"

"What do you want to be?"

"Erm, I'm not sure yet."

"Why not sure? You should think about it now. (!@#$) What other subjects are you taking?"

"Psychology, General Paper and... English Literature."

"And Economics... Okay, questions anybody? No? Ok, sit down."

Phew, thanks goodness I can answer his questions without a long pause. I think I did well though. I mean, I felt confident and my voice wasn't small since he was sitting at the back and wasn't telling me to make my voice louder. The other two girls at my back will be introduced this Saturday. Hahaha, not enough time.

We had ELite with Mr.Boyce today. We learnt about rhythms and beats. It was like a music class. Hahaha. We listened to a 1960 song. The song was "Too young to be married". Hahaha. Bahh, orang yang kan kawin awal, baik th listen to this song ;) Kidding. Mr.Boyce said the olden songs have the correct beats and rhythms, unlike now. Biasa~ Ahahaha.

Oh, my head was dizzy because I slept at 1AM due to finishing my assignment. Haish. We had yet another briefing session but this time, about administration and academic. I yawned a lot. I couldn't really concerntrate on what the teachers were talking about. I just wanted to go home and sleep. Phew, I slept around 8PM and woke up at 11AM. See how tired I was!

So, tomorrow will be the last day of briefing. Hey, waitta sec! I'm reading the 2009 induction program now and it says we will be having a briefing for all the English language students on day 6. Aiyaa. The ones who are taking English 'O' level will be at the multipurpose hall whilst the ones who are taking General Paper will be at the conference room. Going home at 4PM again~ Anyways, so far, I managed to make more new friends in each of my classes and I find all my subjects fun. Well, we haven't really started Economics though. However, I still miss SMB. I just feel like wanting to go there, walk to my class and sit on my seat. Just for a day or two. I miss you. I really miss you. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my few days in PTEB. I love the school but I just miss my old school soo badly especially my pals. Ho-Hum. I got the blues~ Lalala~

Oh, btw, did I mention that I'm crushing on one of my seniors? Hahaha. So far, I've see him everyday. I don't know why I'm attracted to him. Heck, I don't even know his name! Once, he sat behind me and I was like, non-stop smiling. I told sister Feena all about it and she was like; "Bah, adang tah! (Hit my head with a rolled calendar) Belajar." Hahahaha. I'll probably get over this crush someday. Can't be too sure if it's soon or not. It isn't a big crush, right? I hope... Oh, and maybe, just maybe, we'll be transferred to Meragang this 16th. I was kinda proud when she said we're going to be the 'first' batch who are moving there and are lucky. Instantly, I remembered that Sister Feena was one of the first batch who were transferred to PTEB. Hmm, teachers kept saying that we are very, very lucky to be accepted there as it isn't easy to be accepted. Why? and did a lot of people got rejected? Okay, that's all for now! I need to finish wrapping my files.

XOXO

Zira Lee

0 comments: