CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 3, 2009

Confession of a shopaholic

I attended one of the UK lecture in school today. It's a 'You can come if you want to' type of lecture. I definitely decided to show up since I do want to study abroad. The representative from the University of Southampton was Mrs. Karen Arnold. She was giving these useful tips and advices, etc. It was fun and really interesting. I want a scholarship since forever.

Anyways, Sister Feena picked me up and we went straight to the Mall. Our main goal to be there was of course, to watch "Confession of a shopaholic" It's our favourite! The book is fun and exciting to read! Sophie Kinsella is a really talented author. But of course, changes in the movie had to be made. There was some big changes though. For example;

1) Tarquin/Tarkie was actually Suze's cousin. Not lover. In the book, he was attracted to Becky and Suze tried to set a date for them.

2) Derek Smeath was a nice man in the end of the book. Sort of mean on the earlier chapter but he was kind at the end and he did NOT humiliate her. Plus, they bonded in the end. In the movie... He was plain mean, from start till the end. Hahaha, when I read the book, I imagined Derek Smeath having brown hair, glasses and have a 'moustache'.

Anyways, I still LOVE it!!! Unlike Twilight, it didn't disappointed me. I give it a rate of 9 out of 10. It was hilarious! and her clothes are gor-ge-ous except for the bridesmaid gown. When I first found out that the movie was produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, around January, what popped into my head was it totally had to be a great movie. He became my favourite producer after I realized that I loved watching a lot of his shows namely, CSI, CSI:Miami, CSI:NY, Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy, The amazing race, Coyote Ugly, etc. I can't wait for the next sequel to come out! Hopefully, the producer will be the same. Oh, I heard Twilight: New moon director is a new one.

XOXO

Ziralove Lee

0 comments: